I am always looking for new recipes to add to our weekly rotation.
If my husband had his way we would eat plain chicken and steamed broccoli every night.
Maybe not every night. Pizza would be thrown in there as well.
I ran across this recipe on Mrs.Regueiro’s Plate and it sounded fantastic.
I did modify it a bit.
Corn tortillas; They break and we don’t like the taste.
I also didn’t have many of the fillings she had on hand and I wanted to use Quiona for a filling and healthy addition.
Buffalo Chicken Wraps:
1 pound chicken breasts, skinless, boneless, cut into 1 inch pieces
⅓ cup flour
3 tablespoon cornstarch
⅛ teaspoon cayenne pepper
1 teaspoon garlic powder
⅓ cup buffalo wing sauce (I used Louisana – no additives)
1 Tablespoon olive oil
Changes – I used 3 lbs of chicken rather an 1lb. I wanted a lot of leftovers and options for seconds or thirds. Also, I did NOT double up the amount of Buffalo wing sauce. I doubled everything else but kept the wing sauce the same and there was a nice zing but not too spicy.
1. Mix flour, cornstarch, cayenne, and garlic in a medium bowl and season the chicken with salt and pepper. Dredge the chicken in the flour mixture. Shake off excess
2. Heat 2 tablespoons (remember I doubled my ingredients) of olive oil in deep skillet over medium heat.
3. Add chicken to the skillet and cook 5 minutes or until cooked through and brown on both sides.
Spinach lettuce, Onions, Diced Red Bell Pepper, Quiona
1. Prepare Quiona while cooking chicken
2. Dice Onion (medium), 2 Red Bell Peppers. Shred Lettuce leaves
3. Layer with Quiona on the bottom, chicken and then extra toppings.
Add ranch and enjoy.
Alternative to Taco
If you aren’t big into corn tortillas then try these wraps with a leaf of Iceberg lettuce.
It cuts the calories even more and it is even BETTER than the tortilla. It’s crisp and and a wonderful contrast to the spice of the chicken.
If you choose to do the Quiona and lettuce wrap it is a wonderfully healthy dinner!