As I stated in my previous post, I am starting a diet on the 3rd of January. So between now and then I am enjoying certain foods and recipes that I have always wanted to try my hand at…..Now don’t get me wrong, I am not going on a pigging out fest! Just thought I would try it out, plus it got rid of a lot of our leftover ham!!
1/2 cup chopped green pepper
1/2 cup butter
10 slices white bread – cubed
2 cups cubed and fully cooked ham
1/2 lb of cheese – I used Monterrey jack and mozz
2 cups milk
1 tsp ground mustard
1. In a skillet saute the green pepper in the butter until it is tender
2. Remove the pepper and leave the drippings
3. Combine the pepper, bread and ham in an UNGREASED 13x9x2 baking dish
4. Add the cheese to the drippings in the skilet and stir until the cheese melts.
5. Pour over the bread mixture
6. Beat the eggs, milk and mustard together and pour over everything in the pan
7. Cover and refrigerate overnight
8. Remove 30 minutes before baking and then bake at 300 for an hour
Recipe found on All Recipes
Now- THIS IS NOT a low cal meal!!! I made it yesterday morning and we ate it for dinner. I couldn’t eat too much because it was fairly heavy but it was VERY tasty! I can see making this for a group meeting or a get together…
Here is the picture of the outcome! I actually made it successfully! Nothing was burnt or overflowing from the dish.. sadly this does happen….See below….
I found a great recipe for Blackberry Cobbler on The Pioneer Woman website. We had a lot of blackberries and it looked great…. Hers looked like this when it was finished:
Here is what mine looked like:
It overflowed on the sides and the edges are too brown. It tasted good but I wanted it to be pretty too. *Sigh* I will have to try again. – Later – After the diet.