Oh, the wondrous things you can do.
There are a million uses
and who knew?
Alright, enough rhyming. There are literally a million uses falling short of an organic lubricant for Nasa.
Here are some of them:
1.Simple easy Body lotion. It states it right on the back of the bottle….under cooking. So after you sautte up some dinner lather some on your skin if your are feeling a little dry.
2. Sunscreen. I know of a few people that substitute organic Coconut oil for sunscreen They never burn and come home extremely tan. I have not attempted this one yet but I know it is an option.
3. Chest rub. Ditch the Vicks and make your own. Sonia at Natural New Age Mum has a recipe for a homemade chest rub. This one I am actually going to make!
4. Body Scrub. Shania at Food for my Family has a great recipe for a homemade organic Coconut oil and Ginger body scrub. It looks fairly simple to make and you just may have most of the ingredients on hand. Another recipe for body scrub can be found over with Lindsey at Fashion Food & Foreplay. Hers includes Lavender!
5. Diaper Rash cream. Wabi Sabi Baby has an all natural recipe for Coconut oil Diaper rash cream. This one is golden. I was never comfortable with diaper rash cream and all the additives being smeared on my boys.
6. Eye cream. A friend of mine makes her own under eye cream. About a 1/4 cup of Coconut oil with some vitamin D and E. (soft-gels broken and squeezed into the oil). Microwave it for a few seconds to make it a little easier to stir. Wait for it to cool and apply.
7. Hair Cream. Add a little health to your hair! Check out Coconut Oil Benefits for You for a detailed method of applying and “healing” your hair.
Not quite a million on this page but I think these will get you going if you plan on substituting Coconut oil for almost anything!